1200 North 7th Street, Chariton, Iowa 50049
Phone: (641) 774-3349 | Toll-free: (800) 404-3111 | Email: email@example.com
Every person’s health is unique and each person responds differently to treatment. LCHC’s Wound Care Center is available to help you with chronic wounds that have not responded to traditional treatments.
Our Wound Care Center includes a staff of experts in a number of fields and is equipped with the technology to accelerate the healing process, reduce the risk of infection, and help patients avoid hospitalization.
Who should visit the Wound Care Center?
If you are suffering from any of the following, we would encourage you to consider making an appointment.
- Diabetic wounds
- Venous ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Neuropathic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Other problematic wounds with unknown etiology
What to expect:
- A wound care nurse will gather detailed information about the history of your wound and your current health status.
- An evaluation of your wound will be completed. As a result of the evaluation, we may ask you to have some additional testing or laboratory work.
- You will be taught the cause of your wound, how to care for your wound, and how to recognize early warning signs of complications.
What to bring with you:
- A list of medications and dosages (prescription and over-the-counter)
- A family member or friend who could learn how to help care for your wound.
- Wear loose fitting clothes that allow room for large dressings and access to wound site.
- Your insurance card and other insurance information.
How to make an appointment:
If you have a slow-healing wound that needs attention, you may schedule an appointment or ask your provider to set up a visit. If you have questions about your wound, please call our staff to determine if an appointment is necessary.