1200 North 7th Street, Chariton, Iowa 50049
Phone: (641) 774-3223 | Toll-free: (800) 404-3111 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LCHC’s Radiology Department has state of the art imaging equipment which allows us to offer the highest quality results while maximizing patient convenience and comfort – close to home. LCHC’s Radiologist is available on site weekly for quick and accurate diagnosis.
Radiologist services provided by Radiology Partners.
- Ultrasound: Mon-Fri
- Computerized Tomography (CT Scan): Daily
- DEXA Scan (Bone Density): Monday-Friday
- Digital Mammograms: Monday-Friday
- Nuclear Medicine: Weekly
- Vascular Venous Ultrasound: Monday-Friday
We also offer the following services through our mobile providers:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Wednesday
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET CT Scan): Upon Request
- Arterial Ultrasound: Monday
- Echocardiograms: Thursday
- Stereotactic Biopsy: Upon Request
*Dates of availability are subject to change.
Did you know that as we age, our bones become less dense and more prone to fractures? LCHC offers DEXA Scan daily Monday through Friday – a quick painless way to tell if a person has osteoporosis or is at risk of developing the disease, with much less radiation than a typical X-ray. A physician’s referral is needed and Medicare will pay for this screening every 2 years. Other insurances vary by individual policy.
Quick Facts about Osteoporosis:
- Typically, there are no visible symptoms. Often a patient is not diagnosed until after a painful fracture occurs.
- Smoking, excess use of alcohol, and excess caffeine consumption puts an individual at a higher risk for the disease.
- The first 5 – 10 years following onset of menopause, a woman loses between 25% – 30% of her bone density.
- Fractures caused by osteoporosis can lead to substantial expenses for healthcare as well as disability, and in some cases, death.
Talk with your doctor and see if DEXA Scan would be beneficial for you in diagnosing or preventing osteoporosis.
3D Digital Mammograms
Lucas County Health Center now offers the Genius 3D Mammography exam, which reduces unnecessary callbacks by up to 40% and detects 41% more invasive breast cancers.
By offering the Genius exam, our radiology department provides a more accurate tool for breast cancer screening. If you would like to schedule a Genius 3D Mammography exam or have questions about this important breast health procedure, please contact LCHC’s Radiology Department at (641) 774-3223.
Mobile Stereotactic Biopsy Unit
At a time when advances in medical technology are critical to the success in women’s healthcare, Lucas County Health Center has made the decision to offer our patients the best choice in minimally invasive breast biopsy – giving you comfort and peace of mind during a time of high anxiety and uncertainty.
Health Enterprises’ Mobile Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Unit is at LCHC upon request. For more information, contact Radiology at (641) 774-3223.