Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Graduate 1988 – Registered Nurse
Master of Science in Nursing
Graduate 1995 – Certified Nurse Midwife
Sharon Squibb, MS, CNM, ARNP, NCMP is a Certified Nurse Midwife and Nurse Practitioner with over 23 years of experience caring for women of all ages and walks of life. She offers compassionate, comprehensive care that encompasses women's health needs from the teenage years through pregnancy care, into the menopause years and beyond.
As a Certified Nurse Midwife, Sharon promotes and supports personalized care treating each woman and family as unique individuals, not just a number. She considers past experiences, current situations, and future goals as well as work, family, faith, and personal values. She approaches women's health care with research, evidence-based practice, professional standards and clinical expertise, along with a deep understanding of the normal natural events in a woman's life.
Sharon has called southern Iowa her home for years and is happy to practice in a community that she loves.
- Annual exams
- Birth control options, including: Pills, NuvaRing, Implants, IUD's, Depo-Provera
- Breast exams and mammogram referrals
- Cervical cancer screening
- Diagnosis and treatment of vaginal infections
- Preconception counseling
- Education and support with breastfeeding and baby care
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
- Care and counseling during perimenopause
- Menopause care
- Pelvic pain
- Prenatal and postnatal care
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Sexuality counseling
- STD testing and treatment