1200 North 7th Street, Chariton, Iowa 50049
Phone: (641) 774-3219 | Toll-free: (800) 404-3111 | Email: email@example.com
Safe Sitter® prepares students in grades 6-8 to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Students learn life-saving skills such as how to rescue someone who’s choking, and helpful information like what to do if there’s severe weather. The lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use CPR manikins to practice choking rescue and CPR!
June 12th from 9 AM – 2:30 PM and June 13th from 11:30 AM – 5 PM
(students must attend both days)
Lucas County Health Center Education Room
Deadline to register: Friday, June 2nd
Cost: FREE thanks to our Healthy University sponsors
At Lucas County Health Center, our knowledgeable and experienced trainer will guide students through life-saving skills, including:
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and CPR is often students’ favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses.
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
What is the cost for the course?
FREE! Our generous Healthy University donors have covered the cost of participation for students!
How long is the course?
To ensure students have time to absorb information and practice the skills, we have broken the course into two days. Students will be required to attend both days in order to receive a certificate of completion.
What does my student need to bring with them to class?
Nothing! We provide all materials.
- Will meals or snacks be provided?
Day 1: A continental breakfast (danishes, muffins, and juice) will be available for students. We will also provide lunch.
- Day 2: Students should plan to eat lunch before coming to class. We will provide an afternoon snack.
How many students are allowed in each class?
We limit our class sizes to 8 students. This keeps the class size manageable for our trainer and ensures students are able to focus on the program.
Can we schedule a private Safe Sitter class?
Yes! Private Safe Sitter classes are perfect for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, or other small groups.
Where can I learn more about Safe Sitter?
Find more information at www.safesitter.org.