Lucas County Health Center is proud to partner with Sharon Squibb, MS, CNM, ARNP, NCMP of Mercy Clinics Midwifery to offer midwife services at our facility.
Sharon Squibb, CNM, ARNP is a Certified Nurse-Midwife and Nurse Practitioner with over 19 years of experience delivering babies and caring for women of all ages. She offers compassionate, comprehensive care that encompasses women’s health needs from the teenage years through pregnancy care, into the menopause years and beyond.
As a Certified Nurse Midwife, Sharon promotes and supports personalized care treating each woman and family as a unique entity, not just a number. She considers past experiences, current situations, and future goals as well as work, family, faith, and personal values. She approaches women’s health care with research, evidence-based practice, professional standards and clinical expertise, along with a deep understanding of the normal, natural events in a woman’s life.
Sharon has called southern Iowa her home for six years and is happy to be returning to a community that she loves.
Sharon sees patients on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. To make an appointment with Sharon, call (515) 643-6869.
- Annual exams
- Birth Control options, including: Pills, NuvaRing, Implants, IUD’s, Depo-Provera
- Breast exams and mammogram referrals
- Cervical cancer screening
- Diagnosis and treatment of vaginal infections
- Preconception counseling
- Education and support with breastfeeding and baby care
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Labor support and management
- Family-centered delivery
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
- Care and counseling during Perimenopause
- Menopause care
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Sexuality counseling
- STD testing and treatment