In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Lucas County Health Center (LCHC) has updated patient and visitor guidelines to keep patients, staff, and community members safe.
Effective May 21, 2020, patient and visitor guidelines have been updated to include:
- Patients and visitors must enter through a main entrance and will be required to get screened for symptoms by having their temperature taken and answering 4 quick questions.
- Patients who are minors (ages 0 – 17) will be allowed to have 2 caregivers present with them during their appointment/visit.
- Patients who are not minors will be allowed to have 1 caregiver with them.
- Patients who are hospitalized will be asked to designate 1 caregiver for the duration of their stay. This will be the only person allowed to visit. (Note: End-of-life and emergent situations will be handled on a case by case basis by staff.)
- Additional people accompanying a patient beyond the allowed amount of caregivers (see above) will be asked to wait in their car.
- Visitors must be in good health and must be 18 years of age or older (including siblings.)
- Visitors must not have had any flu-like symptoms during the past 7 days, including fever of 100 degrees or higher, cough, shortness of breath, and/or sore throat.
- Visitors will be asked to wash and sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting a patient’s room.
- Visitors will be asked to cover their cough with a tissue or their sleeve.
- Visitors will be asked to keep length of visits to a minimum.
- All others are encouraged to call patients with your well wishes instead of visiting in person. Your concern will be just as genuine and welcome.
During this time, public access to the facility is restricted. Patients are asked to use the main hospital, west Clinic, east Clinic, Emergency Department, and Physical Therapy entrances. Patients and visitors can expect to be screened at all entrances.
Visitor restrictions are temporary and may change as LCHC monitors the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, if you are sick and need care, please call us at (641) 774-3000 before you come in. A member of our staff will provide you with directions and prepare for your arrival.