Lucas County Health Center (LCHC) has been made aware that our phone numbers are being flagged as “scam likely” or “potential spam” when making outgoing calls.
This issue has arisen because LCHC’s phone number has been previously used to make “phishing” or “scam/spam” calls. Scammers use others phone numbers to disguise their true identity by making the call appear to be from a legitimate source (in this instance, from Lucas County Health Center.) Because of how often this happens, LCHC’s phone numbers have now been flagged as “potential spam” or “scam likely” on your cell phone, thus blocking LCHC’s ability to communicate with patients and threatening facility efficiency.
If you are a patient at LCHC, you can help ensure you receive phone calls by adding LCHC’s main phone numbers to the contact list in your cell phone. Those numbers are:
- LCHC Medical Clinic: (641) 774-8103
- Lucas County Health Center (641) 774-3000
LCHC would like to offer the following tips about phone scams:
- If you have not been a patient or are not currently scheduled for a medical procedure, it is unlikely that you would receive a call from LCHC.
- If you are a patient and are unsure as to why you would receive a call from LCHC, ask the caller for their name, hospital department, and direct phone number to call them back. You may also call LCHC directly at (641) 774-3000 to verify an identity.
The Federal Communications Commission offers these tips:
- You may not be able to tell right away if an incoming call is spoofed. Be careful about responding to ANY request for personal identifying information.
- Never give out personal information such as account numbers, social security numbers, mother’s maiden names, passwords, or other identifying information in response to unexpected phone calls or if you are at all suspicious.
- If you get an inquiry from someone who says they represent a company or government agency seeking personal information, hang up and call the phone number on your account statement, in the phone book, or on the company’s or agency’s website.
- Use caution if you are being pressured for information immediately.
If you have questions or concerns, contact LCHC’s Marketing Department at (641) 774-3219 or visit lchcia.com and use the “Contact Us” form.