Studies show that art positively impacts both individual and community wellness. It plays a pivotal role by transforming often sterile and clinical environments into more comforting and welcoming spaces, which is beneficial to patients, their families, and healthcare professionals.
Studies have shown that exposure to art, whether in the form of paintings, sculptures, or even soothing colors, can reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and alleviate feelings of anxiety and depression. These positive effects not only enhance the overall well-being of patients but can also lead to quicker recovery times and reduced hospital stays.
To promote health and healing, we are adding artwork to patient rooms, recognizing the impact art can have on the well-being and recovery of those in our care.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to individuals of all ages and skill levels who reside in the state of Iowa. (If a contestant is under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must sign the contest form.)
- Submission Period: Submissions will be accepted from October 20, 2023 through and including November 30, 2023. Late entries will not be considered.
- Entry Fee: There is no entry fee.
- Theme: Artwork should reflect Lucas County or Iowa in some capacity.
- Entry Limit: Contestants are limited to two entries.
- Submission Requirements: Photos and art must be original creations of the contestant. Artwork and photos should be submitted in high-resolution JPEG and PNG formats. Images should not contain any watermarks, logos, or other identifying marks.
- Judging Criteria: The Patient Family Advisory Council at Lucas County Health Center will judge and select winners based on theme relevance, creativity, and overall impact.
- Prizes: Ten winners will be selected and will each receive a $50 gift card.
- Winners Announcement: Winners will be announced on our website and social media platforms.
- Rights and Usage: By submitting entries, contestants understand and agree they will not be paid for their submissions and agree to allow Lucas County Health Center to use their images as decor in the facility.
- How To Submit: Contestants must fill out the official entry form on LCHC’s website. Artwork and photographs can be submitted online through this form OR they can be dropped off to the front desk at Lucas County Health Center during regular business hours. (If dropping off, an entry form will need to be completed.)
- Contact Information: Contact Jena Wiley, Marketing Manager, at (641) 774-3219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclaimer: Lucas County Health Center is not responsible for lost or damaged entries. LCHC reserves the right to modify the guidelines or cancel the contest if necessary.
- Legal Compliance: Contestants must adhere to all local, national, and international laws when creating and submitting their entries.