The goal of our #ArmYourself campaign is to improve vaccine confidence by educating residents about the importance of vaccinations and encouraging them to schedule an appointment to get up-to-date on their immunizations.
The #ArmYourself campaign includes any and all vaccinations for all age groups, including MMR, Hepatitis, DTaP, and more. Anyone who schedules an appointment and receives a vaccination will receive a gift as part of our #ArmYourself incentive program (while supplies last.)
- Children ages 5 and under: Stuffed animal (variety of choices)
- Children ages 6 to 17: $10 Vision II Theatre Gift Card
- Adults ages 18 and over: $25 HyVee Gift Card
Furthermore, to assist our patients with getting to and from the facility, LCHC has partnered with 10-15 Transit to provide you with a voucher to cover the cost of your ride. To claim your voucher, please call (641) 774-8103.
Youth Art Contest
Purpose of the Contest
Lucas County Health Center’s #ArmYourself campaign is designed to let our community know that getting vaccinated is an important way to keep our families and communities healthy. Youth ages preK through 12th grade are encouraged to showcase the ways we can make healthy choices to keep our communities strong. Calendars will be utilized in LCHC’s exam rooms and distributed throughout the community.
Your artwork should express one of the following:
- Inspire your community to get vaccinated
- Personal reasons for getting vaccinated
- Why others should get vaccinated
- Facts about vaccinations
Who Can Participate:
- Youth in grades preK – 12th grade
- Must live in Lucas County or be a student at Chariton Community School District
Submissions should be:
- be digital art, hand-drawn, collages, paintings, or photography
- on white paper with no lamination or protruding parts
- horizontal on letter-size paper (8.5″ x 11″)
All participants must have filled out the online registration form. When dropping off a submission, please include the child’s name on the back of the drawing, photo, etc. Submissions must be dropped off at the front desk of Lucas County Health Center by Friday, November 18th at 5 PM. Winners will be announced on December 1st.
A panel of judges comprised of LCHC employees will select a total of 13 winners (1 cover and 12 monthly) from the submissions. Winners will be selected from three categories:
- Ages 5 – 8: Four winners
- Ages 9 – 13: Five winners
- Ages 14 – 18: Four winners
- First place: Featured on the calendar cover, $150 Visa gift card
- Second place: Featured in January, $100 Visa gift card
- Third place: Featured in February, $75 Visa gift card
- Other selections: 10 other winners, featured in March – December, $50 Visa gift card
Recommended Vaccinations By Age:
Importance of Vaccines
Vaccines play an important role in keeping us healthy by protecting us from serious and sometimes deadline diseases. A vaccine works by stimulating your immune system to produce antibodies, exactly like it would if you were exposed to the disease. After getting vaccinated, you develop immunity to that disease, without having to get the disease first. Unlike most medicines, which treat or cure diseases, vaccines prevent them
Frequently Asked Questions:
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $49,529.00. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.