Lucas County Health Center is proud to partner with Thomas Buroker, DO of Mission Cancer + Blood to offer oncology services at our facility.
Dr. Buroker completed his undergraduate work at The University of Iowa where he graduated in 1964. He went on to graduate from the College of Osteopathy Medical and Surgery (now Des Moines University) in 1968. Dr. Buroker completed a residency at the Grace Hospital in Detroit in 1970. He completed a fellowship in Medical Oncology in 1974 at Wayne State University Medical School in Detroit.
Dr. Buroker is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
Dr. Buroker holds Memberships in the following:
- Fellow American College of Physicians
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member American Medical Association
- Member American Federation for Cancer Research
- Member American Osteopathic Association
- Member Iowa State Medical Society
- Member Iowa State Osteopathic Society
- Member Polk County Medical Society
Dr. Buroker became a faculty member in the Medical Oncology at Wayne State University in 1974. In 1978 he left academic medical practice and moved with his wife to her hometown: Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Buroker and Dr. Shreck founded Medical Oncology and Hematology Associates in May of 1981.
Dr. Buroker sees patients at LCHC Medical Clinic. To make an appointment, call (641) 774-8103.
Thomas Buroker, DO
Mission Cancer + Blood