Location Chariton, IA
Contact Stephanie Bear
- Provide comprehensive care to patients in emergency settings. This includes assessing and diagnosing conditions, ordering and interpreting tests, prescribing medications, and providing treatment and education. Provider will perform procedures within the scope of practice and expertise of an ARNP licensed in Iowa. Triage and treat all acuities of patients from minor to time critical diagnoses. Seeks collaboration with other health care providers as needed for quality patient care.
- Responsible to provide optimal care to the emergency room patients with outcome evaluation through a quality assurance/quality improvement process.
Days and Shifts: Rotation Below
Varied days and shifts. Some shifts are hours and others are 24 hours.
- Master’s degree in nursing encompassing Family Nurse Practitioner education
- Licensed as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in the State of Iowa
- Maintain National Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (i.e., ANCC)
- Possess and maintain current Healthcare Provider BLS certification, ACLS, and PALS
- Maintains Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
- Mandatory Reporter Certification within 6 months of hire
- Eligible for and maintain federal DEA registration and state of Iowa controlled substances registration
- 2-3 years experience in emergency medicine preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.