Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Graduate 1989 – Registered Nurse
Master of Science in Nursing
Graduate 1995 – Certified Nurse Midwife
Sharon Squibb, CNM, ARNP, NCMP is a Certified Nurse Midwife, Nurse Practitioner, and Certified Menopause Practitioner with over two decades of experience delivering babies and caring for women of all ages. She offers compassionate, comprehensive care that encompass women’s health needs from the teenage years through pregnancy, into the menopause years and beyond.
As a Certified Nurse Midwife and a Certified Menopause Practitioner, Sharon promotes and supports personalized care treating each woman and family as a unique entity, not just a number. She considers past experiences, current situations, and future goals as well as work, family, faith, and personal values. She approaches women’s health care with research, evidence-based practice, professional standards and clinical expertise, along with a deep understanding of the normal, natural events in a woman’s life.
Sharon has called southern Iowa her home for six years and is happy to live in a community that she loves.
- Annual exams
- Birth Control options, including: Pills, NuvaRing, Impants, IUD’s, Depo-Provera
- Breast exams and mammogram referrals
- Cervical cancer screening
- Diagnosis and treatment of vaginal infections
- Preconception counseling
- Education and support with breastfeeding and baby care
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Labor support and management
- Family-centered delivery
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
- Care and counseling during Perimenopause
- Menopause care
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Sexuality counseling
- STD testing and treatment